The map below shows the park and ride location. Please click on the menu in the top left hand corner of the map.
Thursday 10 August
- The Market Car Park CLOSED from 2pm until 8am Sunday 13 August. Notices will be in position to warn motorists of this and to ensure their cars are removed by 2pm. This will allow the marquees to be set up on the car park.
- New Market Street, between King Street and the market, will not be available for parking from 6am on the left hand side. Parking will be allowed on the limited waiting side only, until 2pm.
- New Market Street CLOSED from King Street at 2pm– employees and residents are kindly asked to park elsewhere during the festival period. Vehicles left parked on New Market Street after 2pm on Thursday do so AT THEIR OWN RISK and may be removed to prevent accidents occurring. Access to the Tyremen area only will be limited from Parson Lane.
- Parking on King Street either side of New Market Street for approximately 10m will not be permitted from 2pm to allow an articulated lorry to park and offload equipment for the festival.
Friday 11 August
- Market Place CLOSED to traffic on Friday from 2pm onwards. This will mean all traffic exiting Railway View Avenue onto King Street will only able to turn right at Buckley’s Pharmacy. Entry to King Street for traffic from the roundabout at Maxwells will not be permitted. Only traffic exiting King Street at the roundabout will be permitted. These closures will remain in place until Saturday 12 August at approximately 8pm. Access to the Health centre will be from the Railway View Road end of Railway View Avenue only. Any LARGE lorry deliveries MUST take place BEFORE Friday 11 at 1.45pm if they have to come through Market Place
Saturday 12 August
- The taxi rank will be closed on King Lane from 6am until 8pm.
- Castle Street, New Market Street, Market Place, King Street, King Lane, and New Market Street will all be CLOSED to traffic from 6am until approx. 8pm.
- Access to Wellgate and York Street will be via Church Street.
- Railway View Car Park will be CLOSED on Saturday 12 August to all but blue badge holders and stall holder vehicles. A large Park and Ride facility at Clitheroe Auction Market will be in place again to encourage visitors to park out of the town centre; AA signs will direct visitors to the location from all main roads. The drop off and pick up will be at the Platform Gallery.
- ALL mini coaches, coaches and other large passenger vehicles are being encouraged to use the aforementioned facility to avoid blocking residential streets. Your assistance in diverting them to the park and ride would be greatly appreciated. Blue Badge holders parking dangerously on single yellow lines and causing severe traffic blockages, possibly endangering life by restricting emergency vehicle movement will be handled by the Police. Stewards will attempt to monitor and prevent snarl ups and parking will not be permitted on the diversion routes to prevent congestion.
- A Fun Fair has been organised to run Friday, Saturday and Sunday on Castle Field. Together with children’s activities on the Saturday only, throughout the Castle grounds.